White cloudy water in the morning?

1. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

When I turn on my light in the morning, the water is white and cloudy, especially at the top half. According to my Sea Chem alert badge thing, my pH in the morning is 6.6 and at night is around 7.4. Just an indicator. Any ideas on why this is happening?

2. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Adding CO?

3. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Adding Co would solve it?

4. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Any ideas anyone? I have 2 elodeas and a moss ball in there. Is there too much co2? Is the pH shift bad?

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Excuses : I meand to say : Are you adding CO2 ?

6. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

No, I'm not.

7. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Have you cycled the tank yet? And Chem alert badges don't work well. Do you have a master API test kit?

8. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

The tank is cycled, but there is some ammonia in the water. But, i do not have nitrites and i do have nitrates. I do have a master API kit.

9. boxtop Member Member

My experience is that cloudy water that looks white, especially in a relatively new tank, is a bacterial bloom and is part of the cycling process. Since you have ammonia in the water, I would say that the tank is not cycled completely yet. If this is the case, this will probably clear on its own as the cycle completes.

How old is this tank? What are the water parameters of the tank water and also of the water you use to do your changes?