White Clouds

bobbyesue123
I have a ten gallon tank set up currently with 3 white clouds. the tank was originally set up for a community with my betta but my betta passed away recently and I was wondering about some other fish I would be able to put in that tank with the white clouds.

Troyee219
So first I would recommend getting some more white clouds 6 would be great white clouds do the best in groups of 6 or more, so I would get a few more white clouds, white clouds do like slightly colder water 70-77F so a paradise fish would be good and any other tetra suited for a 10 gallon (stays 1-2in) maybe 5 harlequin rasbora they get 2in at max length, or 7-8 chillI rasbora that only get 1in at max length. Paradise fish do great in slightly colder water so you could get 4 more white clouds and just get the paradise fish. If you want to spice things up you could get 2 dwarf mexican crayfish, they are peaceful crayfish that get no bigger than 1.5-2in in length. with all these said you could make a all white cloud aquarium, maybe 10, 12 white clouds may be pushing it but it may work. hope this helped!

CoryBoi
I would get some gold and hire clouds and long finned white clouds and just have a minnow tank

Troyee219
CoryFan said:
I would get some gold and hire clouds and long finned white clouds and just have a minnow tank
I totally agree white clouds are underrated not many people keep them but they are beautiful and full of personality! ( especially the males when they see a female) lol

bobbyesue123
Troyee219 said:
So first I would recommend getting some more white clouds 6 would be great white clouds do the best in groups of 6 or more, so I would get a few more white clouds, white clouds do like slightly colder water 70-77F so a paradise fish would be good and any other tetra suited for a 10 gallon (stays 1-2in) maybe 5 harlequin rasbora they get 2in at max length, or 7-8 chillI rasbora that only get 1in at max length. Paradise fish do great in slightly colder water so you could get 4 more white clouds and just get the paradise fish. If you want to spice things up you could get 2 dwarf mexican crayfish, they are peaceful crayfish that get no bigger than 1.5-2in in length. with all these said you could make a all white cloud aquarium, maybe 10, 12 white clouds may be pushing it but it may work. hope this helped!
if I were to get a couple of the crayfish, would I still be able to get a few of the paradise fish and them go together? id definitely do some research on both of them before getting them but I really like how the paradise fish look and that the crayfish would bring a little bit of uniqueness to the tank as well.

bobbyesue123
CoryFan said:
I adore my minnows they’re so full of personality! I just really like having different types of fish to make the tank look prettier, that’s what I really liked about my betta he was gorgeous and brought a lot of color to it

Troyee219
Well male paradise fish get around 4in and females get 3in so I recommend only getting one, you could have 6-7 white clouds 2 mexican dwarf orange crayfish(or whatever color you prefer, just make sure its a dwarf) and one paradise fish, I don't know much about paradise fish I just know they prefer colder water and get decently sized, so like you said research them a little before making the final verdict.

bobbyesue123
Troyee219 said:
Well male paradise fish get around 4in and females get 3in so I recommend only getting one, you could have 6-7 white clouds 2 mexican dwarf orange crayfish(or whatever color you prefer, just make sure its a dwarf) and one paradise fish, I don't know much about paradise fish I just know they prefer colder water and get decently sized, so like you said research them a little before making the final verdict.
I definitely will look into that!! I just really liked the idea of trying out some new fish because at some point in the future I would like to get a bigger tank and if I don’t have a betta it gives me more options of what I can have

Troyee219
bobbyesue123 said:
I definitely will look into that!! I just really liked the idea of trying out some new fish because at some point in the future I would like to get a bigger tank and if I don’t have a betta it gives me more options of what I can have
Glad I could help, I currently have a dwarf orange crayfish he is still small like 0.5-1in long but he is full of personality, there three different types I know about, the Brazos Dwarf Crayfish, The Mexican Dwarf Orange Crayfish, and the Mexican Dwarf Blue Crayfish, they have everything a normal crayfish has just minI and also they are very peaceful, some people have even said they have kept them with fish fry without the dwarf crayfish attacking them, they also do a great job at cleaning, and usually don't eat live plants! The Paradise Fish is a Labyrinth fish so they are related to bettas but from what I know they are far less aggressive.

Latest threads

Top Bottom