White Clouds In An Evolve 8 And Temperature?

1. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

I have an Evolve 8 with a toilet bowl action going on, and I've been trying to come up with a fish that can take the fairly strong current (even with a baffle). So far, it looks like White Clouds are the best fit for that, but it is only 8 gallons max, and I've got dirt and glass pebbles in there, taking up a couple gallons of space. Would they be ok in such a small box? Also, I've got temperature issues as it's quite warm here in the summer. The lowest I can get the water is 75 degrees, and sometimes, it can go up to 80 degrees when it hangs out around 109 outside as we have single pane windows. Is this just too rough a situation for them?

2. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would skip the WCMM. They really need a 20 long minimum. My WCMM struggle above 72f.

3. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks! That's exactly what I was worried about. Hmm, do you have any ideas of another fish that could handle this situation?

4. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Many fish that can live with a strong flow often need cool water too. A couple would work but in a larger tank. Maybe try some filter feeding shrimp like bamboo shrimp. If you could reduce the flow then chili rasboras may work.

5. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks! I may look into shrimp. The rasboras are really cute, but it looks like they prefer more space from what I see online.