White Clouds and Shrimp?

1. Bellatrix Member Member

Hi all!

I was thinking of adding a shrimp (only one) of some kind to my little group of five White Clouds, I've been all over the Internet and I'm getting mixed reviews on what kind to add so the fish don't eat it.

What's your thoughts on Amano shrimp? I hear they grow bigger than Cherry which is what I wanted so I thought maybe being bigger the fish wouldn't bully him?

They're rather peaceful fish apart from one who's a bit feisty but he doesn't do any harm only chases the others sometimes.

I want the shrimp to be my little care taker.

2. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Amanos would work fine! Keep in mind they won't breed in your tank unless it's brackish, so you'll always have the number you put in. I have WCMMs and they are super peaceful. Beautiful fish, stunning to watch, and couldn't care less about my shrimp! The amanos are also industrious little cleaners and will keep any live plants you have spic and span! Keep in mind they only eat certain soft algae, and you will still have to clean off hard algae manually. I've also kept RCS with them as they are undemanding and beautiful shrimp, so you can take your pick. Have fun with your shrimp!

3. Bellatrix Member Member

Good, I don't them to breed!

I love my White Clouds, they're my favourite fish.

Thank you for replying.

So basically the White Clouds won't bother any type of shrimp I put in there?

4. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Nope ^_^ I did have a particularly bullish male WC Minnow called Asshat, who tried biting my RCS when they were first added and upon discovering that they were infact, rather hard, he gave up and didn't care about them

5. Bellatrix Member Member

Excellent! I'm buying from an online provider so the sky is the limit for my shrimp type.