White Cloud Mountain Minnows

1. SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

So my neighbor brought home a cold water catfish and 2 White Clouds because the white coulds
    jumped in the net and the store person didnt see them in the bag until later, so said that my neighbor could have them for free. He put them in his cold water tank and i did some research on them right away. Im getting conflicting stories about them on google. But i went with the first page i looked up and told my neighbor they really should be in tropical water at about 26c. So he gave them to me as i have tropical tanks. I put them in with my guppies and rosy barbs at a temp of 26c, i have 6 rosy barbs and 5 guppies in the tank with the now 2 white clouds. It says they are a schooling fish and should be in schools of 8 or more. They seem very happy in my tank following the barbs around, hanging around with the guppies or by themselves. Another site i looked up said they are cold water fish so i am a bit confused about the water they should be in. Does anyone here have them or know what water they should be in?

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

3. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

Thank you, so it seems they like between 14-22c. I also looked up guppies and rosy barbs on the site you linked me too. Looks like i can drop the temp in my tank to 20c and they will all be happy, so that's what i will do :)

4. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

I agree with Coradee, white clouds are a coldwater fish, and do like to be in groups of 8 or more, but atleast 6 is good.