White Cloud Mountain Minnows: What do you feed them?

radicalangel

Hello,

has anyone here reared white cloud mountain minnows? Need to know what others feeding them cuz mine don't seem to be readily accepting flake food.

TIA

LyndaB

Are they new fish? Is it a new tank? Is the tank cycled?

My WCMM's will eat anything and everything I put in the tank. They are not picky eaters.

r7man

Mine eat flake, frozen blood worms and about anything else I give them.

amaly

Mine loved daphnia. But like others have said, they weren't picky.

What are your water parameters? Are the fish new? Is the tank new? Do you have plants or other areas with places for them to hide?

radicalangel

They are new fish. I bought them 4 days ago. I am currently placing them in a quarantine tank. My main tank is cycled. The water from the quarantine tank comes partially from the main tank, the other is dechlorinated tap water. The filter is also mature.

My quarantine tank is a bare bones tank.
Ph value: 7.4
Temp: 27
Chlorine: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: close to 0 ( I don't rmb but according to the Tetra 6 in 1 test kit, it's below the water change needed range)

amaly

I'd switch from flake food. Daphnia, bloodworms and brine shrimp were all gobbled up by mine. Maybe they will accept flake food eventually. You could feed it at the same time as another food they will eat and I'd think they'd eventually catch on to the flakes.

radicalangel

Hmm I'll give daphnia a try! Thanks!

Monstermunch456

I feed my 4 white clouds flake food and then frozen bloodworm 1 once a week.

LyndaB

If you can, consider getting an API master kit (liquid). The strips are worthless.

horsin1787

You could try a flake food with garlic in it. All my fish seemed to love it, even the more picky ones.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
proletius
  • Question
Replies
Views
Matthew052248
Replies