White cloud mountain minnows breeding tank. Is this set-up okay?

mrpringles

Good day everyone! It's my first time setting up a "breeder tank" for my wcm minnows. They are breeding in my community planted tank but I want to increase their fry yield. I am planning to put 1 male and 4 females in it. Do you think this set up is adequate? Is the male to female proportion right? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

SnookusFish

mrpringles said:
Good day everyone! It's my first time setting up a "breeder tank" for my wcm minnows. They are breeding in my community planted tank but I want to increase their fry yield. I am planning to put 1 male and 4 females in it. Do you think this set up is adequate? Is the male to female proportion right? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Looks good, should work but you could add more cover on the bottom, caves or moss. A large rock and a liad if java moss would help

mrpringles

SnookusFish said:
Looks good, should work but you could add more cover on the bottom, caves or moss. A large rock and a liad if java moss would help
Thank you for your advice!!! Okay i'll add more cover on the bottom. One more thing, do you thing 1male:4female is okay? Or should I add more of which sex?

wateriswet

I think you're good with 1m/4f. I had good luck with 1m/3f but had a smaller setup and would have liked to add another female to 'spread the love' and give the others more of a break. Try getting them in the mood with live or freeze dried foods and if the females are really being harrassed, move them back to your main tank. Mine took care of business in just 2 days and it may have been in only 1 but the eggs are hard to see. Good luck!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom