Help White cloud mountain minnows breeding tank. Is this set-up okay?

mrpringles

Reaction score
Good day everyone! It's my first time setting up a "breeder tank" for my wcm minnows. They are breeding in my community planted tank but I want to increase their fry yield. I am planning to put 1 male and 4 females in it. Do you think this set up is adequate? Is the male to female proportion right? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mrpringles said:
Good day everyone! It's my first time setting up a "breeder tank" for my wcm minnows. They are breeding in my community planted tank but I want to increase their fry yield. I am planning to put 1 male and 4 females in it. Do you think this set up is adequate? Is the male to female proportion right? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Looks good, should work but you could add more cover on the bottom, caves or moss. A large rock and a liad if java moss would help

OP
M

mrpringles

Reaction score
SnookusFish said:
Looks good, should work but you could add more cover on the bottom, caves or moss. A large rock and a liad if java moss would help
Thank you for your advice!!! Okay i'll add more cover on the bottom. One more thing, do you thing 1male:4female is okay? Or should I add more of which sex?

New Threads