White Cloud Mountain Minnow Swimming Head Down

proletius

I'm looking for some help or guidance. One of my minnows has frantically started swimming head down in the tank, about ten minutes after feeding. I assume she's overeaten/constipated as the others are ok and she's been healthy so far.

How long does it take for them to digest and pass out what they've eaten? Is there anything I can do to help or speed along the process?

She seems really distressed as she's having to swim constantly and quickly and I'm hoping she's going to be ok.

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 30L
How long has the tank been running? 36 months
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? No
What is the water temperature? 19.6C
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 5 White Cloud Mountain Minnows

Maintenance
How often do you change the water?
How much of the water do you change?
What do you use to treat your water?
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API master test kit, JBL test strips
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 ppm
pH: 7.0

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? once a day
How much do you feed your fish? small pinch of flakes or small pieces of daphnia / bloodworm
What brand of food do you feed your fish? JBL spirulina, Monkfield Nutrition frozen
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? frozen twice weekly

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 3 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 20 minutes ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Floating tail up towards the surface
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Now swimming franticly, not resting, floating tail up towards the surface

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom