White Cloud Minnows

1. vtyou Initiate Member

Is there any kind of foods I can feed to my White Cloud Minnows that aren't fish foods/peas?

OffTopic question: How many White Clouds would be recommended to have in a 10gal tank?

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello VT and Welcome to Fish Lore. A link you may find helpful if you haven't previously seen it:
    White Cloud Mountain Minnow - Tanichthys albonubes

I think you could have 5 to 7 of them in your 10g tank. They grow to 2 inches. Keep up with your weekly water changes and with good filtration they should do well. I'm sure you'll get some more responses before long. Enjoy the site!
    Best of luck!
    Ken

3. vtyou Initiate Member

Thanks Ken! I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay. I have seen that link previously, but it didn't really specify which foods I could feed my White Clouds. =/

4. Elodea Well Known Member Member

White clouds accept all sorts of foods: bloodworms, mosquito larvae, daphnia...but any foods that aren't fish foods? I'm not so sure, the only non-fish food I feed my fish (zebra danios, tetras, etc.) are peas. And in the summer, mosquito larvae I catch in a little pond in my back yard. I've read that you could feed them blanced zucchini, which seems to be the best vegetable to feed fish all-around. However, you could feed them spinach, Romaine lettuce, and many other friuts and vegetables.