White Cloud Minnows

Tom
Has anybody here ever had any luck with breeding these little guys? I just got a school of about 25 and want to try and breed them just for fun. They are in a tank on their own right now, but when the summer comes, I plan on throwing them in a huge pond outside and let them spawn on their own. But I want to try and breed them in a tank inside before the summer. Any and all advise would be very greatful.
Tom

Allie
My bf said they are hard to breed. I suggested we try breeding them, since our datnoid loves them as feeders. He said you'd need a big tank with lots of plants and lots of minnows. The pond thing may work....but I'd get more minnows if you can. Do you have a Pets Unlimited your way? They sometimes have the WC minnow for 5/$5.

Tom
I read some of the stuff in some of my books and it says it isn't too hard if it is at the right temp and with java moss. But I have about 25 of them and got them on sale for $0.49 each, regular $4.50. I cleaned the store out. Thanks for the reply, I guess I should do more research for myself too.
Tom

Butterfly
I had some with my Hillstream loaches at one time. The tank temp was between 65-70F. I soon noticed little tiny specks swimming around and had assumed I had gotten rainbow eggs on some plants I had gotten from Dino which had come out of his rainbow tank. But when they got big enough to ID Lo and behold they were white clouds . they never spawned again so don't know. A school that big would be really nice looking.
Carol

Tom
Thanks for the help, I actually watched them spawn today, but then saw my blue yabbie lobster eat the eggs as well as my ghost shrimp. So I now know that I have a breeding group there, so I can only wait for a tank to free up to raise the fry and then have fun with it. So I just need to keep doing what I'm doing, so then I can keep getting eggs and then fry and then sell them before July.
Tom

Top Bottom