White Cloud Minnows In 3 Gallon Tank

Crowalot

Reaction score
E7D5E59B-9EC7-454F-BFF6-905CD078A8ED.jpeg
Hi all,

I know the usual 1” per gallon rule, but I saw some other forums where the suggested 2 WCMM per gallon could live a happy life too. I put 6 in a 3 gallon unplanted tank with some slate that creates some hiding spots. Put 3 shrimp in too. Love to here your thoughts. The WCMM behavior seems to be that of happy fish. They’ll swim on their own or in twos or threes or fours sometimes around the tank, and sometimes they huddle in a full school of 6 for a few minutes. Do you think this setup will be ok for a decent life for them? It’s at my desk at work and I don’t think a 5 or 10 gallon tank would be appropriate or easy to care for in my cubicle. Any thoughts, affirmation, or concerns I’m open to. Tank conditions are 70’, 7.4PH, <.25PPM ammonia and nitrites. 20% water changes every other day. Pic below is with 4 in but now I have a total of 6 and 3 shrimp.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've never had them but i can already warn you about the barrage of posts how that tank is barely big enough for a single Betta nevermind a school of WCMM's.

imba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've never had them but i can already warn you about the barrage of posts how that tank is barely big enough for a single Betta nevermind a school of WCMM's.
LoL

Just to clarify OP since you asked for our opinion. We are not berating you, just giving you some honest feedback. Whether you will change or do anything with it, that's really up to u.

A 3g is way to small to properly house white clouds. I've kept several different species of white clouds before, and imo, they need at least 15 - 20g tanks for a small group.

If you decide to exchange or rehome them, I would recommend some cherry shrimp or a single Betta for a 3g.

Good luck and happy fish keeping!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom