White Cloud Minnow Tank Mates

Kitsune
I am switching my White Cloud Minnows from my community tank to a 10 gallon tank so I can keep them at a cooler temperature. There are 6 of them and I am looking for suggestions for tank mates for them.

I am not really up to date on cooler water species (I only know white clouds and gold fish) so any ideas would be great

Lucy
White clouds are pretty. IMO 6 would fully stock a 10g.
Good luck.

Tony G.
I agree with lucy, it sounds stocked IMO
however, I am ALSO gonna do a coldwater tank and here are the options, ( coldwater )

*Most livebearer species do well in aquariums without a heater ( some don't reccomend it) ( also, it depends on how cold it gets, I.e: I wouldnt put them without a heater if our temp is really cold, like snowing cold )

*Danios- Glofish, Zebras, etc..

that is all I can remember

Red1313
In my opinion the 10 gal is stocked with the minnows.

Also most cold water/subtropical species get too large for a 10 gallon aquarium. In my 20 gal I currently have a trio of bronse cory's and 7wcmm.

peacemaker92
Agreed with everyone above your tank is already fully stocked. Maybe adding a few snails would do nice? Best of luck!

Aquarist
I like Peacemakers idea of adding some snails.
Ken

Kitsune
That's what I was thinking. Shrimp or snails or just something small to add a slight variation. No more fishies cause that would just be too many. Issue is I don't know what snails or small shrimp would do well in a 21'C tank. I can only think of warmer water varieties.

jgon_
If the filter generates a strong current or you have a powerhead running across the bottom, you could get a Hillstream Loach.

Kitsune
jgon_ said:
If the filter generates a strong current or you have a powerhead running across the bottom, you could get a Hillstream Loach.
I would love to but a 10 gallon is waaaay too small for a hillstream loach if I am not mistaken. Just have to keep researching cool freshwater snails and shrimp species. I will find one lol

Anyone have any suggestions on whether a ghost shrimp or a mystery snail would do well?

peacemaker92
I don't know about ghost shrimp or mystery snails, but I'd go with Ramshorn snails! I have some in my 55 gal and they're cute!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom