White Chin And Torn Fins

Cichlidcrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I noticed my cichlid had a white mark on his chin and some torn looking fins. I'm worried that it may be getting a disease I lost a fish a month ago to bloat. I have seen him fight but just wanna relieve some worry that it's not a sickness. And if it is from fighting what's the best way to heal him?
IMAG2429.jpg

meyowmeow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry about your fish! How long have you had him and what type of cichlid is he? What size tank is he in? What are his tank mates? Do you have a water test kit? If so, what are your current water parameters? Without knowing any of that, my initial guess would be a fungal infection due to the white marks.

Cichlidcrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've had him for a little under a year. Tank is a 75g. Checked parameters last night 7.6-7.8 ph and 0 ammonia. I have a mixture of African cichlids peacocks and few mbuna. Oh and he is a rainbow cichlid that's what the tag said. I've noiticed him lip locking with another peacock but didn't know if that would cause him to look like this. All the other fish have nice flowing fins and scales.

Cichlidcrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
He has always had a little white mark after a fight about 4 months ago but just recently I've noticed this and some ruff fins.

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's a great picture! Thank you. Can we get a picture of the fins you are talking about? (in the water)

Cichlidcrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here is an older one if you can see the missing pieces at the end of the dorsal fin. It's like that now but a few more missing and a ruff pectoral fin. I'll get another when I get off work.
20170207095252_1.JPG

Cichlidcrazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Any ideas if this is a battle scar or disease? He's still eating and I can't get pics of his fins I'm water yet because I have him in a 5g bucket. So if out of water is okay then I can get some later

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom