White Bump On Betta Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

henry roberts

Reaction score
She moves and eats a lot. It is not fuzzy (mold spores) but it does look slightly like firm mold that you would find growing on old food.

It grew over a 1-2 week span. Temp is probably around ~72F. tank parameters (ammonia .5, nitrate 0,40, ph 6.8, alkaline 20-40, chlorine 0, hardness 75.

i believe it is columnaris as kaitlynn mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
She moves and eats a lot. It is not fuzzy (mold spores) but it does look slightly like firm mold that you would find growing on old food.

It grew over a 1-2 week span. Temp is probably around ~72F. tank parameters (ammonia .5, nitrate 0,40, ph 6.8, alkaline 20-40, chlorine 0, hardness 75.
Yes looks like columnaris, sorry this will be hard to treat but kanamycin and furan 2 are a good place to start

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I want to say it is HOTH, it does not look like columnaris to me.

Treatment for that is Metrodanizole (MetroPlex). It goes well with Kanplex, but I am not sure about mixing it with Furan - I would google before I use that.
PS: if you chose to treat with furan 2 but can't find api furan 2, a common brand (at least in my area) is Hikari BiFuran, which is the same thing.

Re: hospital tank - even though they package says it won't ruin your cycle, it's not true at all, and Furan is very icky and yellow. I would just get a plastic shoe box from dollar tree.

OP
H

henry roberts

Reaction score
i set up some back up water. here's the situation: i have furan 2, triple sulfa, and aquarium salt. I'll probably use the triple silfar and the furan-2 together at the same time following their directions.

OP
H

henry roberts

Reaction score
1 dose now, 1 dose in 24 hours. wait another 24 hours, 25% water change, repeat 1 dose for a total of 4 doses. is media an extra filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom