White bump on betta belly?

Korad2579

Hi all, this is my first post here. I’ve been working at a pet store for a little over a month, and someone came in and surrendered a betta yesterday. She was in a small glass vase with 2 tetras. She’s also pretty overweight. I just put her into her own tank this morning and noticed a small white bump on her belly. I’m not very experienced with fish, and I’m anxious that it’s something bad. I don’t think it’s ich but I’m not 100% sure. It’s the only bump on her, and it almost looks like a white head?
0A44240A-B149-4F8F-A4E7-3EB45E0ACC92.jpeg

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Good news. It's an egg spot. Every female betta has one.
What size tank do you have her in now?

OP
K

Korad2579

I put her in a 5.2, but I eventually want to move up to a 10 and try to get some live plants. I’m pretty new to the whole thing honestly and just want to make her comfortable. She was pitiful in that vase. Thank you so much!!!

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Korad2579 said:
I put her in a 5.2, but I eventually want to move up to a 10 and try to get some live plants. I’m pretty new to the whole thing honestly and just want to make her comfortable. She was pitiful in that vase. Thank you so much!!!
Sounds like you're doing a good job. Having a heated/filtered aquarium will help with her weight problem a bit. Keeping her on a strict feeding schedule will also help. Always feed at the same time of day, once a day. You can probably fast her(dont feed for a day or two) and feed daphnia in case the bloating is caused by constipation.
Good luck!