White Bubble On Ram’s Mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanniD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Im at my wits end with fish disease... serves me right for not investing in a QT tank and having crappy fish stores near by...

I have a German gold ram with some kind of bubble on the mouth. It doesn’t look fuzzy so I don’t think it’s a fungus. I’m thinking bacterial.. possibly columnaris (which I dealt with.. ugh)?

Water params:
Temp: 80 F
Ph: 6.4
Ammonia/nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0-20 ppm

Attachments

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My neon tetra has a clear bubble on his lip. I treated for Columnaris with Furan-2 and Kanaplex but the growth is still there. Guess it isn't Columnaris. Good luck and keep us posted if you find out what it is.

DanniD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My neon tetra has a clear bubble on his lip. I treated for Columnaris with Furan-2 and Kanaplex but the growth is still there. Guess it isn't Columnaris. Good luck and keep us posted if you find out what it is.
How is your tetra doing? Still alive and eating? My ram looks great besides her mouth... eating and shows good color. This one has me stumped.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It’s been in a QT tank for a week. Treated with Furan-2 and Kanaplex but no change. He’s still eating and doesn’t seem sick. Puzzling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 42 63.6%

Top Bottom