White blister on harlequin rasbora’s mouth

Wolfywolf

Included in this post is the best picture I could get of the fish in question. I just got these guys last week and they’re currently in their quarantine tank (I will hopefully be transferring them in a few weeks to the main tank). In the last two days I noticed one of the fish has a blister on its mouth. I’m really not sure what it’s from and I don’t think it’s ich (it’s only on it’s mouth, I could be wrong though). I just want to make sure I address any sicknesses before they go to the main tank. What do you guys think the blister is from? From my research, people with similar issues report that it could be columnaris or just from injury. The fish in question is still happily swimming and eating and I haven’t noticed any other symptoms. The other fish are fine. I was hoping maybe you guys could help narrow it down

A201

Looks like an injury w/ fungus attached. Keep the water clean & things will likely clear up on its own.
There's an outside possibility that the abrasion could evolve into a bacterial infection. Keep watch for any sign of spreading around the mouth.
Many use Pimafix to help with minor fungal issues.

Wolfywolf

Looks like an injury w/ fungus attached. Keep the water clean & things will likely clear up on its own.
There's an outside possibility that the abrasion could evolve into a bacterial infection. Keep watch for any sign of spreading around the mouth.
Many use Pimafix to help with minor fungal issues.
I have some Maracyn, would that work? I can also get Pimafix if needed

A201

The antibiotic might negatively impact your cycle. If things worsen consider using that. Otherwise consider using the herbal antifungal, Pimafix.

Wolfywolf

Update: He started not eating and the growth has gotten a little bit bigger so I opted for using Maracyn (I hope that’s the right decision and I didn’t jump the gun - I also have some Pimafix if you think I should switch to that). Although he does seem to be feeling a bit better this morning - he's still not eating but is back hanging with his friends (before he had started swimming kind of crazy and hanging out alone like he was very uncomfortable - which he might start doing again as the day progresses. I’ll keep an eye on him). I’m planning a water change tomorrow which hopefully will help as well. Any other advice? Also attached is another picture for further diagnosis (the fish in question is on top)

Wolfywolf

Update: He started not eating and the growth has gotten a little bit bigger so I opted for using Maracyn (I hope that’s the right decision and I didn’t jump the gun - I also have some Pimafix if you think I should switch to that). Although he does seem to be feeling a bit better this morning - he's still not eating but is back hanging with his friends (before he had started swimming kind of crazy and hanging out alone like he was very uncomfortable - which he might start doing again as the day progresses. I’ll keep an eye on him). I’m planning a water change tomorrow which hopefully will help as well. Any other advice? Also attached is another picture for further diagnosis (the fish in question is on top)
Sorry to dredge up this thread, just wanted to add a few things in case anyone else has the same problem and needs a solution it'll be archived here (and for some reason it's not allowing me to edit my post). I ended up not using Maracyn - I think I had jumped the gun with that anyways - I used Pimafix instead like was suggested and the fungus growth has already gone down a lot (I can barely see any fungus on the fish anymore). And he's back to eating. Thanks for your help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WHOOKIE
Replies
Views
Dave125g
Replies
Views
rkeehn547
Replies
Views