White Anus&Bottom Sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFoundNemo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you have a black fish whos anus seems to be a bright white color nd petruding just a bit and they are laying on the ground a lot, could they be pregnant?

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What kind of fish is it?? How long has she been like this??

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello IFoundNemo,

It sounds like you may be seeing an exposed breeding tube or genital papilla. Possibly even a prolapse of the uterus or intestines. (exposed organs that shouldn't be exposed)

A photo would be great to help diagnose the issue. It may be completely natural.

I am assuming you are referring to your black Balloon Molly?

Genital Papilla : is the tube through which the sperm and eggs pass on fish and can only usually be seen during breeding. Angelfish has a genital papilla.(Fish Lore Dictionary)

Ken

Last edited:

iFoundNemo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes, It is my black Balloon molly. I just dont want it to be bad. It isnt "coming out" its just obvious.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My female Mickey mouse platy has something similar, and it's been that way for awhile. She's very active and healthy.

Laying on the ground could be a sign of pregnancy or many other things. If you can post a pic someone will probably be able to tell if she's pregnant.

-Lisa

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is this a new thing or has it been since you bought her?

My female mollie ended up with hers protuding constantly after about her 6th batch of fry (with me, I bought her adult). I reckon it's just like humans and childbirth Sometimes when things are stretched they just don't go back right!

Pics are best.

Maybe check out her gills? Compare the movement to other mollies, make sure her gills have a nice colour.

iFoundNemo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
199.jpg
She moves like the others. She has had the white part and sitting on the bottom for about two and a half weeks. I attached a photo but you cant see her too well? haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom