Whisper 10i passes the test!

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by GoGreen, Apr 9, 2010.

1. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

If anyone is looking at getting this type of internal filter for a betta tank, I thought that I would report on my experience here.

I had problems with noise from both the whisper 10 HOB filter and the whisper 10i, both of which I purchased at Big Als. Well they took both of them back and I am pleased to say the replacements they gave me work great, the internal is especially quiet! Yeah! I thought I was just being super sensitive but the store tested them and agreed that there was something wrong with both.

So whisper internal 10 gets a passing mark from me, I guess I just got a bad one of the bunch. Ditto for the HOB 10, but my betta prefers the internal, the flow is gentler. The HOB replacement was also much quieter but the internal is even more quiet.

Thought I would just let anyone know if they are considering either of these, for the price, they are not bad at all.

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Glad it worked out for you.
    Carol

3. BritJoValued MemberMember

I had the whisper10i on my small tank and loved it, it was like SILENT and did a great job :)

4. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

good to know about the 10i. i am trying to find one for my divided 10g betta tank. :)

5. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

10 gallons is the size of betta tank I am using it on. I had the whisper10 HOB on that tank, also not too noisy (once I had a good one, that is!) but the current is a bit stronger. Schubert never managed to built a bubble nest with that filter. With the Whisper10i in the tank now, he can build one all the time.