10 Gallon Tank Whisker shrimp tankmates?

lucky123

I’ve had two whisker shrimp (accidental purchase lol) alone in a 10 gallon for quite a while now. Obviously I would put the safely of the fish first, but are there any types of fish that could live with whiskers? I know that they’re pretty aggressive but I’m assuming maybe some fast fish could be good?

richiep

Hi Lucy first off I wonder if two shrimp have kept your cycle going, so I'd check that first, if alls OK then try some medium size danios, they are mi to surface fish and fast enough if your shrimp try anything.
On the other hand anything to big and you may find the fish have a nice meal.
Whichever you chose one or the other take their chances

lucky123

Hi Lucy first off I wonder if two shrimp have kept your cycle going, so I'd check that first, if alls OK then try some medium size danios, they are mi to surface fish and fast enough if your shrimp try anything.
On the other hand anything to big and you may find the fish have a nice meal.
Whichever you chose one or the other take their chances
Thanks for the reply! I believe the cycle is still going because I get nitrates (even if they are only about 5) and I have some ramshorn snails also. What type of danios would you recommend? The only type I’m familiar with are zebra danios. The size shouldn’t matter because my shrimp are over 1 1/2 inches!

Attachments

• 7DA5DE71-D467-4A55-9956-6FAE1F0643A4.jpeg
    7DA5DE71-D467-4A55-9956-6FAE1F0643A4.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 12

richiep

Any of the small Daniel should be ok

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
EmbersToAshes
  • Question