abheeshs Valued Member Member

Sorry for reposting from Safe-t-sorb (sts) And Crazy Ph

Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 3
    Nitrate: 20
    GH: 25
    KH: 20
    pH: 6.2

These are my parameters from yesterday. I added 1/4 tsp of baking soda yesterday night and did a 25% water change today morning.

I am looking for a pH of 7.5. I know STS can keep depleting my pH, but it will stop someday. What should I do?

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I'm assuming you want your pH to stay the same w/o having to do baking soda and water changes.

Go to a LFS either Petco or Petsmart and get a bag of crush coral. It cost me $8.00 for 10 lbs I think. What I did I have a 90 gallon take. I read that it's one cup for every 40 gallons. So I put two cups of the stuff in my tank. It help my tank from a 6.0 pH to a good 7.2 pH and it's been holding since.

I put the crush coral into a mesh bag and tossed it into my canister. If you have a HOB just place it in there.

3. OP
    OP
    a

abheeshs Valued Member Member

I have Safe-T-Sorb which will keep absorbing minerals until saturated. So, I do not need a permanent solution, but temporary. If I add coral, how can i remove it later?

I can do baking soda, but need to know how much and how long. Is there any other home remedies? What are the KH and GH values I should be aiming for?