Which Tetra Is The Best?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Wilson Johnson, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Wilson Johnson

Wilson JohnsonValued MemberMember

Hey guys. I wanted to know which tetra y'all think is the best overall.(looks,size,cost). I want to get a school of a type of tetra but not sure which one to pick.( not getting the mutated glowing ones)

2. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

What size tank and tank mates?

3. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

What's the tank size?

My personal common tetra favorites are lemon tetras ($3.00 each at my LFS and $3.50 at Petco) and glowlight tetras ($2.50 each at Petco I believe?).

4. Arades

AradesValued MemberMember

I like congo tetras because of theyre colour, size and theyre always up and about! :)

5. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

It's a 60 gallon with livebearers, dojo loaches, angels, a blue ram, and a small puffer

6. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

My favourite is a cardinal tetra, a rummynose or a black neon for smaller fish set ups, and for a tank with current, any of the Congo tetras.

7. aquatickeeper

Rummynose tetras.

8. Alhana

AlhanaValued MemberMember

My favorites are the glowlight tetras thus far. Ask again in a week and it might be different = )

9. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Instead of adding fish, I would first address the stocking issues you have right now. Dojo loaches need much cooler water than blue rams and angelfish, and puffers are aggressive and should not be kept with other fish. @TexasDomer and @tyguy7760 can help also.

10. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

Actually there is no problem, I gave all of them blood worms and the loaches sinking pellets and everyone ate. Everyone is acting very lively and healthy.

11. aquatickeeper

You'll notice the fish will pass away much earlier than usual. What temperature you keep your tank at?

12. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

13. Anders247

That is too low for the ram and angel. They may have shortened lifespans.

14. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

How much shorter

15. aquatickeeper

Those temps aren't great for the angelfish and ram. They need much higher than that. But, if you raise the temp, the dojo loach won't like the temp. So, you need to rehome the angelfish and ram OR the dojo

16. Anders247

By a few years.

17. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

If I keep the temp at like 76 shouldn't both of them be fine? Dojo range is like 68-76 and angel range is like 76-82.

18. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

Plus both fish are pretty hardy

19. aquatickeeper

I think angelfish and rams need higher than 76. Maybe 78 degrees for them. But, that's too high for dojos.

20. OP
    OP
    Wilson Johnson

Aren't dojos hardy enough for that temp?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice