Which tank?

• Thread starter gray18
  • Start date

gray18

Hello all. I am looking into setting up another tank in the future. I already have a 33 long planted tank going. Since we are looking for a house and will have more space hopefully, I definitely plan on setting up another tank. But.. not entirely sure which size. I have narrowed it down to three sizes though. 30 breeder, 40 breeder or 20 gallon long. I have never had a 30 breeder before and it's short height, like the 33 long, makes it a unique footprint. But given that, they aren't generally openly available and have to be special ordered and therefor can be quite expensive. Obviously, the 40 breeder and 20 long can be purchased mostly at any DPG sale. Though a stand for the 30/40 breeder, the kind I have to use, will be significantly more expensive over a 20 long. Another tank I really like is the 40 gallon long.

What do you think?

Cody

Well Known
For those sizes I would lean toward the 40B. I think you get a good combo of a shorter tank that makes a planted tank easier to maintain as well as easier to provide high light. Also they are a deep tank that gives you a lot of nice depth for aquascaping.

jake37

Fishlore VIP
A little might depend on the fishes you want - but i generally prefer the 40 breeder due to increase width. While I like a 20 long it can be a wee bit shallow if i put in 3 inches of substrate and i love wide tanks. My future plans are for a 3 foot wide tank.

gray18

I do like the 40 breeder and being able to get one for 50 bucks. But, since setting up my 33 long, I noticed tanks that are 12 inches in height are a complete breeze to work on and to pretty much do anything on. So we'll see. I would love to have BOTH a 20 long and 40 breeder.. Lol. I would like a cherry shrimp tank. And possibly one as a dedicated White Cloud tank. But, I'm sure any one of those tanks would work great for shrimp

jake37

Fishlore VIP
If you live in usa petco have them for $40 during there $1 gallon sale - usually 4 or 5 times a year.

gray18 said:
I do like the 40 breeder and being able to get one for 50 bucks. But, since setting up my 33 long, I noticed tanks that are 12 inches in height are a complete breeze to work on and to pretty much do anything on. So we'll see. I would love to have BOTH a 20 long and 40 breeder.. Lol. I would like a cherry shrimp tank. And possibly one as a dedicated White Cloud tank. But, I'm sure any one of those tanks would work great for shrimp

gray18

jake37 said:
If you live in usa petco have them for $40 during there $1 gallon sale - usually 4 or 5 times a year.
Thats why I said I can get a 40B or 20 long easily in my original post lol

Top Bottom