Which Tank would be best?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by TheFishAddict, Dec 16, 2012.

1. T

TheFishAddict Valued Member Member

Hey all! I promise I won't mix up names this time! ;)
    After months of reasearch, I finally bought two bolivan rams, that are extremly colorful thast I'm having second thoughts that they might be german. Hmm.
    Anyways, I have two tanks I could acclimate them too. But I can't decide.
    The first tank, would be my ten gallon. This would be a quarentine tank, obviously.
    It just has live plants and MTS.
    I think the nitrate level is maybe ten though.
    The second tank is my fifty five. Only half bare bottom and half sand. few caves & driftwood and two javas.
    Water quality is perfecto:) ~Thanks to fishlore~
    However, it has a good amount of stock, with eight cories, 5 khulis, 6 rainbows, 6 danios, one tetra, three plecos, and three rasboroas.
    So my question is which tank be best to quarentine and acclimate them to?

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Well, if put in the 55g you wouldn't be quarantining them because its already stocked. If you'd like to quarantine them, which personally I like to, I would set them up in the 10g.

3. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree, QT first in 10g. You don't want to loose the current stock of they're sick.

4. OP
    OP
    T

Right Right!
    I did end up putting them in there. Pictures of them to come! So colorful & they seem to be acclimating well!

5. OP
    OP
    T

They are only about a inch too! Tiny lil' guys!

6. OP
    OP
    T

Update: They ate thier first meal today! Lights came on an hour ago, and they are not shy, unless I get really close, but thats expected! Happy to have these lil guys in my life. Oh, and btw, they ARE German blues, not bolivian! Happy to say that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice