Which tank background color do you like better?

luna
First off, I have a new pic of Kappa with her giving me a "feed me" look.

312.jpg

Also, I've changed her background color from green to purple, and I'm wondering which one you think looks better. Just follow the linked thumbnails to my gallery pics.

Purple:
313.jpg Green:
314.jpg

COBettaCouple
I like the green. It compliments the marbles more.

luna
Actually, I have a few other colors I might try out. I've got: black, white, red, orange, yellow, blue, pink, and tan. You can see the green and purple. Maybe I'll just do a picture a day with the different colors I have, then have people vote for which color looks best with the tank decor and Kappa's colors.

What do you think?

COBettaCouple
That works for me. I'd also watch to see if any colors get her upset.

chickadee
Bettas do not do well with any color that is overly bright but I would have to say that so far your taste in decorating is lovely. I absolutely approve and adore both of the colors so far but I am most truly a purple lady and love the purple so far but the green is very nice. The only reason so far that the purple has caught my eye is that it makes the plant in the foreground absolutely POP out in the pictures but any artist will tell you that her little peachy/orange hue will clash with the purple. The general rule for complimentary colors is to take the color opposite it on the color wheel. That will be its most complimentary color. So for her peachy color the color that will best compliment her will of course be blue or shades of blue.

But I cannot see her really being in danger of looking anything but cute and beautiful in any color combination actually.

Rose:

luna
I think the tan color might be a little too...dull...the white and yellow will probably be too bright, the way the black was a little too dark. The very first picture in my gallery had the black, and it didn't compliment the tank.

If you can't tell from my text color, I'm also a big fan of purple, but if it isn't the best color for her, that's okay. We'll see. I think I'll try the blue tomorrow.

chickadee
It may not be artistically the most complimentary color to her color but it is lovely and does not clash with her at all. The tank is lovely and it makes your plants absolutely POP out at the camera so if you like the purple, don't let us change your mind. Although it is always fun to play with the tanks and try new things. Both the tanks for my new little ones have black backgrounds as they are both light colored and I want something that is going to show them off to their fullest but also they are going to be in front of a window where they are located and it will help to cut down on the direct light a bit.

Rose

pamd
Purple is one of my favorite colors, but I think the green compliments both Kappa's and the marbles' colors much better. Your tank and Kappa are lovely with either. I think my favorite background will be blue.

Fun thread!

Blub
Hi!

I honestly can't decide. I think Green and Purple look equally good!

KonaBoy
I prefer the purple, but both look really good

nmwierman1977
I like the purple too, but I would like to see how the blue looks. Natalie

luna
I did a quick test of all the color except black (which was what I had before the green) and white (which would be bright and provide contrast, but not flatter the colors as well as one of the colored construction paper backgrounds). The pictures weren't taken for quality, so most of them are a little blurry, but you can see the subtle and not-so-subtle differences in the colors. None of them look bad, which is nice, but it makes trying to figure out which one is most flattering more difficult.
Yellow:
324.jpg
Tan:
326.jpg
Red:
327.jpg
Pink:
328.jpg
Orange:
329.jpg
None (you can see straight through to the cords in back and the wall):
330.jpg
Blue:
331.jpg

KonaBoy
Actually, I'd go with blue or red, seems to make everything pop

nmwierman1977
I still really like the purple. The blue is nice, but the purple makes everything in the tank stand out. Natalie

luna
The purple is what's up right now, but the other colors are interesting...maybe, when I've got the space, I can set up multiple tanks, all with different color schemes.

chickadee
I will really have to say that I think I like the purple the best of all although she does look lovely with the blue. But the purple is lovely all around. Just has the whole tank looking lovely and so vivid.

Rose

luna
Well, pretty fish look good in ANY color, so I guess it doesn't really matter which background she has.

chickadee
Very true and Kappa is a darling little girlie fish...:;a2

Rose

aprilrain85
PURPLE!!! or maybe the red. But I vote for the purple.

pamd
Purple seems very popular. I still like the green a bit better. I might like blue best of all if it were a less greyish shade of blue. They're all nice, though!

beyzagorkemli
I think it depends on her manner and charisma. I think purple is more beautiful but she looks lovely with all of them..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CheshireKat
Replies
Views
Jangil
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views