Which Sub Species Is This Pea Puff

1. W

Why me Valued Member Member

E6E2899D-B914-43AD-8456-D4704BC9011A.jpeg 96597910-424D-4D12-8454-EA58718499BD.jpeg The question is above

2. puffer boi

puffer boi Well Known Member Member

it is a puffer
    a little more information please, tank, tankmates,is it heavily planted.
    pea puffers is a type of puffer, not a subspeices.
    im a bit confused by your question. pea puffer should be kept in speices only tanks and it should be heavily planted

3. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Pea puffers don't have their own distinct sub species or even color morphs. They really shouldn't be kept with other fish species, as they will attack them. Also, some really only eat live food. More info on the tank please

4. OP
    OP
    W

Planted with fake plants. Has several cories and two bristle nosed pleco. 29 gallon tank

5. Rtessy

What is your original question, though?
    Also, that's not going to go well in the long run... What colonies do you have to feed the puffer? Puffers are aggressive, they really will go after anything and everything else in the tank

6. OP
    OP
    W

So far she hasn’t and I just found out that it was multiple scientific names for the same fish. My bad. I would think they would be enough space.

7. puffer boi

what do you feed?

8. OP
    OP
    W

Snails. Trying to convert but will probably end up giving her blood worms. By convert. To pellets or flakes

9. puffer boi

a pea puffer will probly strave before having flakes or pellets. only feed blood worms 2-3 a week. feed snails and brine shrimp the others days.
    if you cant meet the feeding requirements then you should rehome your puffer.

10. OP
    OP
    W

Don’t worry. Plenty of snails

11. puffer boi

good

12. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Remove everything but the puffer. Puffers go after anything and everything. You are also over stocked anyway so. One more thing, puffers will go after frozen food along with live.

13. OP
    OP
    W

Over stocked. How? I’m giving my cories and plecos to my cousin but even if I did keep them. How’s that overstocked. The reason is because they eat the snails

14. Rtessy

I assume they're talking about how you have way too many bottom feeders. Properly stocking a tank includes getting the correct number of top, mid, and bottom swimmers, not all of one because then it gets too crowded. How many cories?

15. OP
    OP
    W

2F71BC5B-1166-4BE4-ABC6-E80F422198B0.png I found the article