Which Stores Would You Not Buy From?

Newtankdude
  • #1
I would least want to buy from some dude in a minivan ;D lol
 
sirdarksol
  • #2
My primary are the good local fish stores, but I also buy from one local Petco and a couple of Petsmarts.
 
Stradius011
  • #3
I wouldn't say that all Petco's are bad. We got to our local Petco and they have people that actualy know what they're talking about and they have clean tanks,
 
Newtankdude
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
my petco dont! lol

I would think some dude in a minivan would get the most votes for a store not to go to lol...I guess the LFS is the worst though...
 
sirdarksol
  • #5
Well, I read that wrong. I missed the "not" in it.
Actually, my number one would be Walmart, then. Sorry.
Dude in minivan would probably be a close second, but it would all depend on how much he knew about caring for fish.
 
Newtankdude
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
hold on, I'll edit it so you can change your vote.

I resetted it, so vote again.
 
Sabi
  • #7
Well i'm not too sure....
Some lfs's know what they are talking about some dont. Like today I phoned one lfs to ask if they have ottos (algae eater that stay small permnantly)
"no such thing" and apparently my common pleco will "grow as long as the size of my tank!!!" (1.2m) Oh and he didnt know what a biological filter was...
 
Newtankdude
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
lol, my LFS is probebly the best FS in South West Florida...ok, maybe just my county lol.
 
sick-lid boy
  • #9
One of my LFSs didn't know what an Otto was either. "Huh? Never heard of them."

Then another LFS said "Oh, you mean Otocinclus Catfish?".

I'm guessing maybe calling them "Ottos" isn't as common as we might think??

I bought 90% of my fish from various LFSs, the other 10% on eBay. I've purchased filters, air pumps, and other accessories from PetSmart, and they had a nice selection of fish that seemed relatively healthy and clean, and also had a pretty wide selection of plants. I wouldn't be opposed to buying fish from PetSmart. I've been in a local PetCo when I was looking for a filter, and just from a quick glance at the fish, it looked like they kept up their tanks pretty well.

I'd sooner buy fish from a guy in a minivan than Walmart.
 
sirdarksol
  • #10
One of my LFSs didn't know what an Otto was either. "Huh? Never heard of them."

Then another LFS said "Oh, you mean Otocinclus Catfish?".

I'm guessing maybe calling them "Ottos" isn't as common as we might think??

Doesn't matter what you call them around here, the person will always say "what?" the first time, then get it the second time. Most of the stores recognize "otos," but they need to hear it a couple of times. Maybe sounds too much like "autos" and that's where your brain heads the first time you hear it.
 
Dino
  • #11
I sell fish out of a minivan several times a year.
Folks order from me, and I bring them for pick up at auctions.
 
Tom
  • #12
I sell fish out of a minivan several times a year.
Folks order from me, and I bring them for pick up at auctions.
Well then in that case, I would most likely buy my fish from a guy in a minivan or local breeders.
Tom
 
Newtankdude
  • Thread Starter
  • #13
lol, I think I'll trust my LFS more than any of these places, I voted Minivan because I mean it as in some random dude getting fish and saying like, "get a firefish here, only $5.00 and an 8 pack if ya got one." lol, no offence if you sell out a minivan.
 
Sabi
  • #14
Well you don't get that sort of thing here.
 
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
  • #15
I wouldnt buy ANYTHING frm some dude in a minivan lol!!!! Miles :-* :-*
 
COBettaCouple
  • #16
I wouldnt buy ANYTHING frm some dude in a minivan lol!!!! Miles :-* :-*

even if it was me?! :'(
 
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
  • #17
lol!!!!!! Fine anybody but people I know!! lol!!! Miley :-* 8)
 
Newtankdude
  • Thread Starter
  • #18
Dont! hes the dude on the street that sais"Want some candy little girl? How about a betta, or a guppie?"
lol JK
 
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
  • #19
LOL!!!!! he might be.... JK LOL Miley
 
COBettaCouple
  • #20
LOL!!!!! he might be.... JK LOL Miley

Miley! and after i'd sell you cheap fish supplies off the back of a truck too! :'( LOL
 

Similar Aquarium Threads

  • Locked
  • Poll
  • CaptainAquatics
  • Polls
Replies
24
Views
949
FinalFins
  • Locked
  • Poll
  • Mike
  • Polls
2
Replies
40
Views
3K
harpua2002
Replies
14
Views
1K
Dave125g
  • Locked
Want To Buy Want to buy guppys!
Replies
12
Views
802
Broggy
  • Locked
  • Poll
  • Amnagrla
  • Polls
Replies
19
Views
2K
Pandora
Top Bottom