Which School For A 55 Gallon

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
im looking for a school of fish for my 55 gallon, I have angelfish, bolivian rams and corys...I've tried neon and cardinals, but I have not been able to keep them alive, I want a top of the water column schooler....any ideas?

fishychachki

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you unable to keep them alive because the angels keep harrassing/eating them or they died because of other reasons?

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have not sent the angels harass them, they just don't last in my tank, even though all the other fish are healthy

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The angelfish and bolivian rams are temp incompatible. I recommend rehoming either the angelfish or bolivian ram. Also, what type of cory? Knowing the type of cory will let me know which top-mid schooler works with the temperature of your stock.

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aquatickeeper said:
The angelfish and bolivian rams are temp incompatible. I recommend rehoming either the angelfish or bolivian ram. Also, what type of cory? Knowing the type of cory will let me know which top-mid schooler works with the temperature of your stock.
Wow really, never heard that they can't be together... I have albino corydoras.

OnTheFly

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd put the temp at about 78-79F. Bolivians and angels will be fine there IMO. That narrows the choices for a top of the tank schooler. Most tetras are mid tank and do not appreciate temps that high. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bolivians should be kept at cooler than 78-79, but I think angels and bolivians will be fine together at say, 76 Fahrenheit.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom