Which Salt mix?

Tankerini

Please leave comments on the salt mix you currently use and how you rate it based on its buffering capacity, effect on calcium, effect on ph/alkalinity etc.

Also whether you have stopped using a certain salt mix and why?

fishrule101

I use reef crystals and they work fine. I never had a problem with the salt messing with the pH and alkanlinity. I'm not sure on calcium but will get a calcium tester soon. I think it haves enough calcium to help cuase my crabs seem to molt and grow back their hard skin back fast. Also a new coral is growing so I think I have enough calcium since its growing like a cm everyother day.

Slug

Instant Ocean. Used it for 2 years, never had a problem with it. Calcium, alk have always been on par. Wish I could give you some specific numbers but I can't.

Tankerini

I use reef crystals and they work fine. I never had a problem with the salt messing with the pH and alkanlinity. I'm not sure on calcium but will get a calcium tester soon. I think it haves enough calcium to help cuase my crabs seem to molt and grow back their hard skin back fast. Also a new coral is growing so I think I have enough calcium since its growing like a cm everyother day.

Hmmm maybe you wanna take some calcium out before your coral takes over your whole tank lol

van637

Been Using Reef Crystals For Over A Year, The Best So Far!!!

Oil_Fan

Read this PDF for a comparison of the various salt mixes:

I personally use Oceanic. Very high in calcium but pH could be better. But I do have to say it mixes very quickly. Overall I like it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ibiaquariums
Replies
Views
gregoranddexter1816
  • Joshaeus
  • pH
Replies
Views
Joshaeus