Which root tabs & plant fertilizers are better?

PeaP

Hi
I need some advice on fertilizers.
1. Which plant fertilizer is better overall TROPICA Premium Nutrition, easy life carbo, or Seachem Flourish advance.
Are they all shrimp and snail safe?
Thank you

Which root tabs are better.
Seachem flourish tabs or TROPICA Nutrition Capsules, or Easy life root sticks.
Are they both shrimp and snail safe?

86 ssinit

I use the seachem products. But I don’t add anything to my shrimp tank. Plants grow great in it without adding stuff.

PeaP

I use the seachem products. But I don’t add anything to my shrimp tank. Plants grow great in it without adding stuff.
Do flourish root tabs make the water cloudy when disturbed?
Because I have been using some sort of clay pot root tabs and my water was like dirt.

86 ssinit

Got root tabs I use osmacoat tabs. Seachem I use the liquid ferts. Comprehensive, potassium and iron. But again nothing in the shrimp tank.

PeaP

Got root tabs I use osmacoat tabs. Seachem I use the liquid ferts. Comprehensive, potassium and iron. But again nothing in the shrimp tank.
thank you

Ksway

Hi, I dose tropica ferts they have everything you need for plants and are alot more beginner friendly than seachem which you dose individually. Easylife carbo isn't a fertilizer it is a algaecide. They do offer a ferts as well but tropica is far better in my opinion. All are shrimp and snail safe bar some caradina shrimp which need specific tds levels which ferts can raise (but people have successfully used them with these shrimp as well).

Seachem root tabs are very good as are tropica. These are all relatively similar, I have used the clay balls you are talking about and the can cloud the water. Tropica come in like a pill form and shouldn't cause murky water. Also to note the root tabs should be pressed into the bottom of the substrate (all the way down) as if the ferts are not they can leach these into water column and cause massive algae as there is too much nutrients in water. Hope this helps

PeaP

Hi.
Is seachem flourish shrimp and snail safe?
Does anyone have any experience using it in a shrimp tank?

RMtanks

Hi.
Is seachem flourish shrimp and snail safe?
Does anyone have any experience using it in a shrimp tank?
I have used small amounts of Flourish in my tank with ghost shrimp and it hasn't caused any negative side effects on them or my trumpet snails & bladder snails. All shrimps have molted successfully and I haven't noticed any deaths since I began using it. It also actually provides calcium into the water as one of the minerals (0.14%) so it may even possibly be beneficial.

StarGirl

I have used the Flourish tabs and yes they do make a big black cloud when disturbed. I personally have hard water and not much would grow with the flourish tabs. I tried the Thrive root tabs and am having better success. I also use Thrive C low tech fertilizer. They have a shrimp formula also. Seachem products to me seem too complicated. I have not used Tropica so I can't recommend it.

Pfrozen

API tabs are nice, they contain NPK and Iron so can't really complain. I used a 10 pack to start my most recent 10g tank and so far so good. If you use terrestrial ferts just be aware that "ammonia formaldehyde" is what we call Formalin, it can be a bit hard on your stock if used incorrectly

Short of special ordering root tabs or using terrestrial ferts the API tabs are what I have access to here. The seachem brand root tabs are mostly sulphur with no macros

bumblinBee

I have used small amounts of Flourish in my tank with ghost shrimp and it hasn't caused any negative side effects on them or my trumpet snails & bladder snails. All shrimps have molted successfully and I haven't noticed any deaths since I began using it. It also actually provides calcium into the water as one of the minerals (0.14%) so it may even possibly be beneficial.
I second this, I have ghost shrimp, ramshorn, bladder snails and nerites in all my tanks - never had any issues with flourish. I also have a bamboo shrimp and black devil snail in one tank, and used to keep mystery snails with no problems. So flourish is completely safe for inverts! :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Stoner1993
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
  • Question
Replies
Views
Wayne73
Replies