Which pumps/airstones do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by starflite, Mar 26, 2010.

1. s

starflite New Member Member

I need to pick up a small airstone and pump for my 10g tank which I'm currently cycling. I was wondering what everyone's suggestions are as for what brand/model/size/etc I should get? Thanks :D

2. Stang Man

Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Depends on what fish do you plan on having. Do you have plans for just fish? Or plans for having plants as well?

3. OP
    OP
    s

starflite New Member Member

I'm planning on having 5 zebra danios in the tank once it's cycled, no live plants or any other fish.

4. Stang Man

Is this hang on the back bio wheel?

5. thequietman44

thequietman44 Valued Member Member

I have two Tetra Whisper air pumps and I've been pretty happy with them. They used to be in my room and I could barely hear them. One is a 40 and the other is a 20. The 40 runs into a 4-way gang valve that feeds my 36g and 5g. The 20 feeds the 10g and various other indoor ponds, betta tanks, etc. The size of the pump you need really depends on how deep the tank is and how many items it feeds. I usually try to get a bigger pump than I need because inevitably I end up splitting it with a gang valve to run additional equipment :).

I think all of my bubble curtains, walls, and air stones are Top Fin, but from what I've seen they are all pretty similar.

6. treve

treve Valued Member Member

I have 2 tetra whispers for my 55 & 75 and they are fairly quite no complaints so far,and I also use top fin air stones.

7. Stang Man

Tetra pumps are the best but I prefer power heads over air to get more cirrculation into tank as well into graveled areas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice