Which Pleco should I get

marek313

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up 30gal community tank. I used to have multiple tanks with my dad when I was younger so I decided to do it again. I'd like to get a pair of plecos that arent too big I guess up to 4" or 5". I know some of them arent good algae eaters so I want to make sure that whatever I get keep the tank clean from algae. Good temper and not too pricey. I would like to keep live plants in there so I dont want my plecos to eat those neither.I was looking at zebra plecos (L-46) because they look great but they go for around $150 a piece which is crazy. Besides they arent good algae eaters anyway from what I've read. Then I was looking at Queen Arabesque (L-260) because they look great too but I still havent decided. I know bristlenose ones are very popular but I'm looking for something with more unique look like Starlight Bristlenose (L-183). I'm trying to do my homework and make sure I pick something that will work with my tank and look good too. I'm having **** of a time picking though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Queen Arabesque (L260) is a beautiful fish but not great algae eaters.
Bristlenose on the other hand are very unique looking, good tempered and good algae eaters. This species would be perfect for your tank.
Oh and Welcome to FishLore! Stop in at the Welcome forum and let us welcome you properly
Carol

marek313

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Starlight Bristlenose (L-183) would be a good choice? At the same time I wonder whats available locally at my lfs but If I dont find anything there i guess I'll be looking online. I'm planning to do some driving around this weekend to see what they have. I dont want to have the same thing that everyone has and I'm always one to go for the different look I just want to make sure that whatever I pick doesnt destroy my tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom