Which Plants Are Better

CrackerboxPalace

Live plants are much better and there are many that will do well with next to no care. Java ferns, java moss, amazon sword and vallisnera are some good starter options

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Live plants are much better and there are many that will do well with next to no care. Java ferns, java moss, amazon sword and vallisnera are some good starter options
Thanks you for your opinion and suggestions. Im definitely considering getting live plants for my tank. Thanks

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Live plants are better but need good lighting. What type of lights are you using?
2 bristlenose may end up fighting in a tank that size.

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Live plants are better but need good lighting. What type of lights are you using?
2 bristlenose may end up fighting in a tank that size.
Hey there,
thanks for your opinion, I have Quite bright LED Lighting that produces a little bit of heat but am not sure how it would go with Live Plants. My 2 Bristlenose are doing quite well together and don't fight at all. Just one is more dominant than the other one. thanks Heaps

Upvote 0

emilymg

IMO live plants don’t only look better and more natural, but they provide so much for your tank. They act as water purifiers and can provide natural shelter for any livestock. There are plenty that don’t require too much care or a high tech setup. You could do anacharis, java fern, anubias, and guppy grass.

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

IMO live plants don’t only look better and more natural, but they provide so much for your tank. They act as water purifiers and can provide natural shelter for any livestock. There are plenty that don’t require too much care or a high tech setup. You could do anacharis, java fern, anubias, and guppy grass.
Thanks for your Opinions and suggestions. I am definitely considering live plants from now on!

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Hey Everyone. Does anyone have any more suggestions for my 70L plants. Do the fish eat all types of different plants when they are hungry?

Upvote 0

CrackerboxPalace

Platys and plecos might eat tiny amounts of plant if they're hungry, but mainly algae. As well as the other suggestions there's hornwort, bacopa, rotala, anubias and crypts. These are still easy species but hornwort and rotala are more demanding of light.

Upvote 0

Eaton

what about water wisteria grows like a weed for me without and ferts
also could i see a pic of the tank? really curios

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Here is a picture of my 70L community tank. All friends
Sorry for not the best quality photo. No live plants are currently in the tank but am definitely looking into it.

Attachments

• 5BCCA052-523E-43AB-A39B-21100177EFD4.png
    5BCCA052-523E-43AB-A39B-21100177EFD4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Eaton

have you decided which plants?

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

have you decided which plants?
Thanks for asking!
I am thinking of getting a variety of different plants (that’s why I’m trying to get lots of ideas) but am thinking of getting water wisteria, Amazon sword, and maybe Java Fern and properly a couple more of different ones. Thanks heaps

Upvote 0

Eaton

could you show us a pic once you have bought and planted them?

Upvote 0

emilymg

I would note that if you do choose to add an amazon sword I would stick in a root tab just because they take up most of their nutrients from their root system.

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

I would note that if you do choose to add an amazon sword I would stick in a root tab just because they take up most of their nutrients from their root system.
Thanks for the info. I wouldn’t have done that otherwise
Thanks heaps

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Come on everyone. Get those votes up on that poll and leave a suggestion/opinion in this thread.
Thanks heaps

Upvote 0

CrackerboxPalace

I see you're in Australia, so ambulia is probably widely available in fish stores for you. It's basically like a nicer version of hornwort. Your tank light looks good enough for it too.

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

I see you're in Australia, so ambulia is probably widely available in fish stores for you. It's basically like a nicer version of hornwort. Your tank light looks good enough for it too.
Thanks for the suggestion of the plant. Yes I do have quite a good light. It is very bright. That’s why I have but a blue tissue paper sheet on top to make it a darker for them but still bright. Thanks heaps

Upvote 0

Eaton

I find wisteria quite readily in sydney

Upvote 0

CoryMaster151

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know that I got my first 2 live plants today. I am feeling really excited about it. I am hoping the plants don’t bring anything with them into the tank. How do I know if they are doing ok. I have just placed them in the tank tonight and am planning to plant them in the gravel tomorrow morning. Once completed I will get a picture and upload it. I got a water lettuce and something else. You could identify maybe when I upload the pic. I am planning on getting some sand next weekend for the tank as well. Thanks heaps

Upvote 0

Eaton

where'd you get them from?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
EMcT1985
  • Question
Replies
Views
MisterSnuffles