Which Pet To Recycle 10 Gal For? 10 Gallon Tank

1. Liquidhorses

Liquidhorses New Member Member

Hey all!

Unfortunately, my 10 gallon QT has sprung a leak in the bottom corner, so I want to convert it into a little terrarium for a new pet! The only question is what... I have had experience with geckos and frogs, but only have the tree frog terrarium- besides, I am not so sure if I want to raise tree frogs anymore. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Something that is interesting, but not extremely high maintenance! Thanks in advance!

2. L

Luciferene Valued Member Member

You can keep a single leopard gecko in your 10 gallon assuming your tank is a standard 10 gallon. With leopards the height of the tank is really not as important.

Leopard geckos are pretty fun to take care of as they can be tamed easily, easy to care for and they can recognize you over time. While Leopards can be very interactive if you want them to be, they don't require attention and are quiet content alone.

Leopard set up is lot simpler than other more tropical lizards too. Also they will poop only on one corner making it easier to clean as well.

For climbing geckos, you can try a Day gecko, but these guys will spend most time hiding in the trees.

With most other types of geckos, your tank will lack the vertical space.

You can probably house an anole as well. These guys can be tamed as well, but it's a bit harder than leopards.

3. m

matt123 Valued Member Member

Ants

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Posion dart frogs, they beautiful and the small thumbnails would to well in a 10g flipped on its side.