Which Ones?

cyanicwaters
Hey so I have a 20 gallon with three dwarf gouramis in it currently. I'm wanting to get some kind of livebearers in a month or two, but I can't decide what kind. Is there a specific type that will live well with (slightly aggressive) gouramis?

RainBetta
Yes! Really all of them besides guppies and endlers! Your tank might be already full??

david1978
Why not guppies or endlers?

JoeCamaro
I never had issues between guppies and Dwarf Gouramis. I did have issues when I had 2 DGs is a 46 gallon tank. 3 in a 30 may be a problem, tjey are aggressice towards their own species, but usually ok with other fish.
Good luck.

RainBetta
Why not guppies or endlers?
They will most likely nip the guppys' long flowy fins, and endlers are just too small. You said your gouramis are a little on the aggressive side, so guppies might nip be the best idea.

cyanicwaters
They will most likely nip the guppys' long flowy fins, and endlers are just too small. You said your gouramis are a little on the aggressive side, so guppies might nip be the best idea.
That's what I was thinking about the guppies, I was looking into endlers though. You said they may be too small, is that because the gouramis might eat them? (I did have danios with these guys before and they didn't bother them.) Also their aggressive towards each other (cause ya know, males) not so much to other fish.

RainBetta
That's what I was thinking about the guppies, I was looking into endlers though. You said they may be too small, is that because the gouramis might eat them? (I did have danios with these guys before and they didn't bother them.) Also their aggressive towards each other (cause ya know, males) not so much to other fish.
Ah. I just haven't had success with endlers and DGs. My gouramis always take advantage of their bigger size and bully the endlers

emeraldking
Well, I guess everybody has got their own experiences with a combination like this. But in general, those DG should go well together with guppies or endlers. Let's say that the amount of available space in a tank is of more importance to the behavior of those fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
endlercollector
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
tuggerlake26
Replies
Views