Which one would be better? Help

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by samantha.h, Dec 24, 2009.

1. samantha.h

samantha.hValued MemberMember

I have a 20 gallon tank that currently houses 3 mystery snails and will soon also have 2 fancy goldfish. I'm going to buy a new filter that's bigger because I know the goldfish are big waste producers.

I'm looking at the AquaClear HOB filter. They have one that's for up to 50 gallons that filters 200 Gal/Hr, and they have one that's for up to 70 gallons that filters 300 Gal/Hr.

For 2 fancy goldfish and 3 mystery snails, would you say the 200/50 or the 300/70 would be better? I'm sure it's obvious but I need some second opinions, please. :)

2. Camille

CamilleValued MemberMember

For a 20 gallon I really don't think that the the 300/70 is necessary all you need is the 200/50.

Good luck Samantha!
    -Camille:animal0028:

3. I would go with the 200/50.

4. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

since you are going to be overstocking, and goldfish produce a lot of waste, I'd go with the 70, personally.

5. stanmanNew MemberMember

I have a 200 on my 20 and it moves a lot of water,I believe thats all you need.The other is overkill for that size tank.

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

My vote is for the 70. I have 5 goldies in a 55g. With two goldies in a 20g, there's less gallons of water for the waste. The higher gph, the better, IMO.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice