Which one would be better? Help

1. samantha.h Member Member

I have a 20 gallon tank that currently houses 3 mystery snails and will soon also have 2 fancy goldfish. I'm going to buy a new filter that's bigger because I know the goldfish are big waste producers.

I'm looking at the AquaClear HOB filter. They have one that's for up to 50 gallons that filters 200 Gal/Hr, and they have one that's for up to 70 gallons that filters 300 Gal/Hr.

For 2 fancy goldfish and 3 mystery snails, would you say the 200/50 or the 300/70 would be better? I'm sure it's obvious but I need some second opinions, please. :)

2. Camille Member Member

For a 20 gallon I really don't think that the the 300/70 is necessary all you need is the 200/50.

Good luck Samantha!
    -Camille:animal0028:

3. Borisbbadd Guest

I would go with the 200/50.

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

since you are going to be overstocking, and goldfish produce a lot of waste, I'd go with the 70, personally.

5. stanman Initiate Member

I have a 200 on my 20 and it moves a lot of water,I believe thats all you need.The other is overkill for that size tank.

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

My vote is for the 70. I have 5 goldies in a 55g. With two goldies in a 20g, there's less gallons of water for the waste. The higher gph, the better, IMO.:)