Which One is The Nipper???? Help 

Spagarckles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MY tank is a 36 gallon bow, I have Two Large angels, 1 Opal Gourami, 2 Plecos, and a striped Raphael Cat. Recently someone has been nipping everyone except the cat and the gourami. I haven't seen any nipping in action, so I was wondering who the usual suspect would be. I was thinking the gouramI may have issues since he has been through a lot.... Originally the soul survivor of Ich... then brutally attacked by cichilds... Do gourmais grow aggressive due to situation? Any help appreciated.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some gouramis are just generally aggressive. I am going to take a guess and say that's the guilty party. Does the Raphael have spines? If so that would explain why hes not getting nipped.

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore!

It's really hard to say, but I'd put my money on either the angelfish or the gourami. The opal gouramis are supposed to be one of the most peaceful, but there are exceptions to every rule.

EDIT: Disregard my last setence, I think I was thinking of the pearl gouramI for some reason. Sorry!

Spagarckles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thanks for sharing.... since I love my angel pair the most I suppose its time to rehome the silly little gourami!

Spagarckles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes the cat is spined armored and like a log

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The gouramI can't nip itself

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You are right jaysee, that's why he said the gouramI hasn't been nipped. Lol. Just messing with ya buddy. My $ is on the gourami.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!
if the angels are of breeding age, or close to it, they can be super nippers and chasing everyone away.....or a filter can even nip off a fin or 2 if they hang around there...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads