Which of these tanks should I buy?

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
So I’m going to be buying another tank for my birthday...Oops :D I have two options but I’m not sure which one I should go for.

Option 1: 10G white rimless, I already own one of these. Both tanks would be next to each other so the symmetry could be nice. 50 X 30 X 30 CM

Option 2: 12G black rimless. It’s 10CM longer (60CM) and a little cheaper. 60 X 30 X 30 CM

While I know a 10G and 12G won’t really change what I can stock, how much would it change the numbers of schooling fish I can keep? For example, how many more embers could I keep in a 12G than a 10G?

Also, what would you guys buy? Both 10G’s would make WC and any liquidity fert dosings etc easier as it would all be the same measurements, but the 12G’s length does entice me.

Attachments

Newbie1234

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I say you could put one or two more ember tetras but I would still go with 10 G because it would be much easier to dose, like you said.

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Newbie1234 said:
I say you could put one or two more ember tetras but I would still go with 10 G because it would be much easier to dose, like you said.
Cheers! To be honest I do think two identical tanks would look better next to each other :)

ZMAN3

Reaction score
You could put the two identical 10G tanks next to one another and do a water bridge! (I've never done one but I've wanted to and they look so cool)

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bigger is always better! I would say a school of 6 ember tetra size fish in a 10 gallon, a school of 9 in a 12 gallon.

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
ZMAN3 said:
You could put the two identical 10G tanks next to one another and do a water bridge! (I've never done one but I've wanted to and they look so cool)
oh wow, that sounds nifty!!

oh wow, very cool idea. Putting this on my 'someday' list.

ZMAN3

Reaction score
Debbie1986 said:
oh wow, that sounds nifty!!

oh wow, very cool idea. Putting this on my 'someday' list.
Yes! Although if I was going to try it, I wouldn't go to all that trouble. You could put the tanks side by side and literally do it with a piece of 4in clear tubing like this.

New Threads