Which Of These Fish Nip The Most? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by tum0r, Apr 23, 2018.

1. tum0rValued MemberMember

Which of the following fish do you consider (in your own experience) to be the most likely to nip and pick on other fish fins given the opportunity? Which on this list are the least nippy? On a second note, as you can kind of tell I'm aiming to add a group of 6 schooling fish to my 24 gallon, but I need ones that are really not nippy, like, at all. Any suggestions besides the ones I've got listed (don't suggest Corries haha, they're adorable but I'm leaning more toward middle dwellers)?
    Cardinal Tetras
    Glowlight Tetras
    Harlequin Rasboras
    Cherry Barbs

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

Ranked from most nippy to least cherry barbs, glowlight tetras, cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras. However, this is just in general and may depend on tempermant and other factors.

3. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Yeah, wow, don't think I've actually ever even seen tiny little Glowlights or Cardinals ever get nippy ever at all...Barbs yes, occasionally, but they're not all that bad really...

4. tum0rValued MemberMember

Thank you both for the response, I seriously appreciate it. I'm quite torn, my LFS has limited options and it's difficult trying to weed out the nippy from the non-nippy so thank you for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice