2. Horus

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Seth

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I got a new green marble male doubletail betta the other day. He is absolutely gorgeous. I put him in my 5gal flat back hex (FBH) with my Egyptian decorations (set of columns and a sphinx), a sword plant and a bunch of cabomba. The substrate is black sand and the background is black. Anyway, I need help with a name. I want an Egyptian name to go with his tank. I've narrowed it down to the names in the poll. Here's info on the names:

http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/gods/explore/main.html

Here's the boy:
    [​IMG]

And his tank:
    [​IMG]

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Definately not Thoth. It sounds like you are stumbling on your tongue. I vote for Horus.

3. Mmbrown

Mmbrown Well Known Member Member

I like Seth. It sounds nice, plus from the description Seth is the one who killed Horus, and I think that's more fitting for a "fighting fish." Only downside is that it doesn't sound too obviously Egyptian.

4. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

That is an absolutely gorgeous Betta. Wow. It's amazing how the lighter colors gently fan throughout his tail. Almost looks pink in this photograph. Really nice!

5. BettaChuck

BettaChuck Valued Member Member

He looks like a Seth to me, I really like the name.You Betta is awesome!!

6. B

Borisbbadd Guest

I think Seth.

Cool looking betta !

7. OP
    OP
    bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

His tail iridesces through pink, green and blue. I was having a hard time deciding between him and this pretty little lavender marble HMPK, but finally he won out, mainly because I already have two HMPKs and I wanted something different.

As for the name, I'm kind of leaning toward Seth, mainly because he's the god of chaos...and marbles tend to be a little chaotic, at least in their coloring/marbling out.

8. f

fighter55 Valued Member Member

Wasn't mentioned on the list, but what about Osiris?