which lion?

JRDroid

I am setting up a 40 breeder to be a fowlr tank with the possible addition of some beginners corals down the road. Since my tank will be to small for my dream triggerfish, I would like to keep a lionfish. The lfs has a beautiful white lion that I would love to have but can't find any info on required tank size for a white lion. Would it work in a 40 gallon? Of not would a radiata? I have seen 30 minimum recommended for the radiata but want to be sure. Also any tips on tank mates and care of these beautiful fish would be very much appriciated. Also if you know a species of lion that would work in a 40 let me know so I can check them out. I am new to salt and want my whole stock planned out before I buy much equipment or any fish to make sure my tank is as beautiful and successful as possible.

kloseo

I have not kept lionfish before, but have always wanted to
tge zebra lionfish (Dendrochirus zebra) only gets 7 inches and is recomended for a 30 gallon tank and I have seen them at ls quiet often, the fu manchu lionfish (Dendrochirus biocellatus) is also rated for 30g
best of luck

JRDroid

the radiata is same size as the zebra. I am really curious if I can keep the white ones, because I can't find much info on them.

Stang Man

If you are looking into triggers and lionfish you will not be able to have corals or any inverts for these are aggresive fish. If you choose to go this route you need a good size tank to do so because they love to eat goldfish and guppys or any other thing that you put live into your tank is this what you want? If so give me more deatils so I can help you do an aggressive tank!!!

lil0618

a white lionfish is a morph of the volitans lionfish that grows to 15 in. and requiers 55 gallons

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom