WHICH lighting should i choose?

1. axel Member Member

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, I would say that first one probably is overkill, but more due to the intensity of the light. Although your tank is deep so perhaps it would be a good idea. Don't worry about the 12000K, it's high but the higher end of the spectrum tends to scatter first;)

Super Sun is a manufacturer in China that makes LEDs, Actinic Blue is normally used in reef tank fixtures, I think to bring out the colours of the anemones and corals.

3. axel Member Member

U sure about that? Dont wanna make the wrong choice...its quiet expensive.. ...if i buy 2 LED LAMP with 24 watt...does it count if i sum it into total 48 watt? And does it change the spectrum?

4. Grimund Well Known Member Member

I can't help you with the second light, as I don't know it's color temperature, but 12,000K is quite high for freshwater plants. The higher the temperature, the more blue light wavelengths you are getting and far fewer reds and the opposite is true for the lower temperatures. Plants require both red and blue light in solid amounts and the appropriate color temp is around 6500K.

The Actintic Blue LED's are there to aid in the blue spectrum and aesthetics

Plants use the color temperature around the 6500K mark.

Marine (saltwater) uses the higher 10-12,000K color temp.

5. axel Member Member

If i buy 2 40 watt lt lamp....will it do for my tank to make it low lighting?

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

It will be 48w but remember, watts don't really matter;) And no, buying two won't change the spectrum, it will just double the amount of light.

7. axel Member Member

U wont believe what happned just now at aquascape stores....the owner told me to get 150-200 watt for low lighting....they really wanna squeeze money out of me...for those aquazonic TL 4 LAMP with 12000k the owner said consist of 2 white lamp and 2 blue lamp...whats the difference?Im really confuse should i get that or just get 2 lamp with 24 watt?

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

The Aquazonic is the T5, right? Can you get just the fixture, no bulbs? You could probably pick one up at a hardware store much more cheaply. Then buy the appropriate bulbs in 6500K, Full Spectrum or Daylight. I've been told Cool White works, too;)

9. axel Member Member

i will just gamble on this one and see how it goes,some forum said its okay because my depth is 60cm....but some said its not suit for plant need