Which Lighting Schedule Should I Go With For My Plants While On Vacation?

1. n

newbiefishkeeper Member Member

I have a 10 gallon planted tank with java moss, java fern, anubias, backpack, crypts, and amazon swords. I originally ordered an outlet timer for my lights on amazon because I knew I would would be leaving for a four week family vacation but the package never arrived. I asked an old neighbor to come over and feed my fish/ change some water for me but the best I could get him to do was to come every two days. My family has all of the money set on the vacation and since we're Tight on money right now, they won't let me buy another one. So I have two choices to go with for my plants. One: I leave the lights on the whole time and accept coming home to a terrible algae out break or two: I ask the neighbor to turn on/ off the lights for the every two days that he comes, so like two full days with light then two full days without, that sort of cycle. What am I supposed to do? Help me please

2. Cheesearmada

Cheesearmada Member Member

First I would contact Amazon to ask why your package never arrived. If they can't solve that issue, have your neighbor help you. Also try to get a different neighbor to help maybe?

3. OP
    OP
    n

newbiefishkeeper Member Member

Unfortunately he's the only one who's willing to help at all.

4. Cheesearmada

Cheesearmada Member Member

Then I'd go with him. Or you could try a place with dimmer lights and just leave them on the entire time.