Which Kessil Light For A 10 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Evanwd, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Evanwd

Evanwd Valued Member Member

Which kessil light for a 10 gallon tank. I was looking at the h80 are there any cheaper ones?

2. OP
    OP
    Evanwd

And will the 80 work for a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium

3. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Despite the good quality of kessil lights, I think any of them would be overkill for a 10 gallon.

4. barandemir09

barandemir09 Valued Member Member

Yes, they would be overkill... but that's just my opinion, it's really up to you if you want to use it or not...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    Evanwd

Ok good to know, then what would you recommend?

6. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

For higher light/co2 I use the chihiros series a... love it...tons of pearling, great growth. Seven dimmable settings. It's not a kessil, but it's pretty darn close, esp when you consider the price. You can get them on eBay for around $30.

Another option for lower light plants is the finnex stingray...

7. OP
    OP
    Evanwd

e90ef28bdf0dda89d6cd87b3575d1f4a.jpg

Is this the one your talking about? It'll work for high all plant needs?

8. J

Yes... I use the a501 on a ten.
    Carpets dhg, ludwigia super red is truly super red, mayaca fluvalitis pearls like crazy, ludwigia inclination 'cuba' is stunning... (of course I have good fert routine and co2)

Non co2/excel tanks I use the fifth setting and it works for fussier plants as well. Co2 tanks I have on 6th/7th depending on the tank.

9. barandemir09

I'm planning on getting one of these for my next tank!!! I wouldn't recommend the multiple colour version, since it has less white leds, it would probably have less of a par reading (meaning no high light).

10. barandemir09

Do you think that with non co2/excel tanks, it would grow blyxa and Brazilian micro swords? and other medium-high plants that way?

11. J

Yes.... it handles my blyxa beautifully....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice