Which is the easiest RO unit that’s affordable? Is there one that connects to the tap?

George1992

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of getting an RO unit but the ones I’ve seen, you have to connect it the water pipe. I don’t want to mess around with plumbing. Is there one that’s easy to use and just connects to the tap? I’ve been looking at the one in the link below. Would that just connect to the tap? That’s the sort of budget that I am on.

FINERFILTERS 4 Stage Compact Reverse Osmosis Filter With DI Resin Tropical/Marine/Discus 50/75/100/GPD (100 GPD)

The reason I’m after an RO unit isn’t actually fish related but is because I also keep carnivorous plants that require rain water. It looks like we won’t have rain for weeks in the UK. However, I would probably use it for a future soft water project as my tap water is hard.

Thanks.

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Reaction score
Distilled water is mineral free, keeping carnivorous plants requires rain water OR distilled will suffice as well.

That link you provided looks like you'd still have quite a bit of plumbing to get that going, plus the overall flow rate looks low judging but how small the tubes/pipe is on the unit itself, meaning it will only process so much at a time.

I'd go with distilled if you're only looking to water your plant, but if you need a set up for fish you'd want more water flow.

MomeWrath

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
RO Buddie will connect to a garden spigot or the supply line for your washing machine. (Not sure about UK lol, but I have one) This link is to the US Amazon listing.

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm pretty sure this AquaticLife RO Buddie Unit can connect to tap, but you have to buy the tubing. It is also fairly cheap.

New Threads