Which is the easiest RO unit that’s affordable? Is there one that connects to the tap?

George1992

Hi,

I am thinking of getting an RO unit but the ones I’ve seen, you have to connect it the water pipe. I don’t want to mess around with plumbing. Is there one that’s easy to use and just connects to the tap? I’ve been looking at the one in the link below. Would that just connect to the tap? That’s the sort of budget that I am on.

FINERFILTERS 4 Stage Compact Reverse Osmosis Filter With DI Resin Tropical/Marine/Discus 50/75/100/GPD (100 GPD) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6DV59S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_lzMZEb157DJ5H

The reason I’m after an RO unit isn’t actually fish related but is because I also keep carnivorous plants that require rain water. It looks like we won’t have rain for weeks in the UK. However, I would probably use it for a future soft water project as my tap water is hard.

Thanks.

Mhamilton0911

Distilled water is mineral free, keeping carnivorous plants requires rain water OR distilled will suffice as well.

That link you provided looks like you'd still have quite a bit of plumbing to get that going, plus the overall flow rate looks low judging but how small the tubes/pipe is on the unit itself, meaning it will only process so much at a time.

I'd go with distilled if you're only looking to water your plant, but if you need a set up for fish you'd want more water flow.

MomeWrath

RO Buddie will connect to a garden spigot or the supply line for your washing machine. (Not sure about UK lol, but I have one) This link is to the US Amazon listing.
RO Buddie Reverse Osmosis System

zorianak

I use a LiquaGen 4-stage. Connects directly to my tap. Ran me about $60 on Amazon.

AvalancheDave

PaulThaAsian

So I've been looking into a RO unit for a while. Right now I have a 5G and a 3G jug like you find in an office water cooler that I go to Walmart and fill up when I get empty. I live in an apartment and don't really want to start drilling holes and all that. When I get a permanent place I have no problem with it. Are there any units on the market that would be easy to install or attached with minimal adjusting to the home or sink? I have a garden faucet outside that I could use. Thanks in advance!

Kjeldsen

RO Buddie couldn't be easier and comes with an outside faucet adapter, if I'm not mistaken. I leave mine outside rear round and change the filters about once a year.

AvalancheDave

PaulThaAsian said:
So I've been looking into a RO unit for a while. Right now I have a 5G and a 3G jug like you find in an office water cooler that I go to Walmart and fill up when I get empty. I live in an apartment and don't really want to start drilling holes and all that. When I get a permanent place I have no problem with it. Are there any units on the market that would be easy to install or attached with minimal adjusting to the home or sink? I have a garden faucet outside that I could use. Thanks in advance!

shoepic

RO buddy gets my vote as well. Cheap and works well, love mine.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom