Which is better/

paul_219

Reaction score
What is better to get from a lfs a big fish or a small one? I got a small pleco he lives 3 days and then died same with 2 angels. Is it because I added salt

OP
P

paul_219

Reaction score
Not the salt we eat. My nieghboor puts in his hands and dumb them and wait for them to melt in the tank so they can do there jobs.

OP
P

paul_219

Reaction score
paul_219 said:
Not the salt we eat. My nieghboor puts in his hands and dump them in the tank and wait for them to melt in the tank so they can do there jobs. He ass a common pleco and a parrot fish and an angel fish.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Since neither fish are meant for saltwater, we do not recommend EITHER type of salt to be used on them EVER.

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are these the same fish we discussed in the other thread? If so you were given advice as to what species to put together and not to put salt in with them.
Angels and pleco do not do well with salt. Usually they die very quickly.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
For a 32 gallon tank, Paul, you should get fish NO LARGER than Angelfish. And if you want to get Angelfish again, get ONLY 2 at most. If you get 2 Angelfish, you could still add to that tank a group of smaller fish like some tetras for example. But ask before you add any small fish, so that we can make sure they stay small, OK?

AND ... please CYCLE your tank before you add ANY fish whatsoever to your tank. Do NOT add salt next time (if you'll get freshwater fish).

New Threads