Which Is Better For A Planted Tank Discus Or Rainbows Question

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by Rdrb, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +30
    Guys i have a 60g planted tank with some swortails few halfbeaks and 4 mid sized dwarf neon rainbow i was planning to get a discus or two in the mere future but i had a fear that keeping discus will be tough and also i do like rainbows so what would you suggest . I also need to get a testing kit so after many tests i am planning to buy them in the future so kindly leave your opinions thanks :)

2. NC122606

NC122606Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +483
    Experience:
    Just started
    I would stick with the rainbows since the discus need 6+ to feel comfortable, but rainbows would look good. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +30
    Provided i get them rainbows lol i bought these rainbows 6 hours away from my city

4. nbalaw2016

nbalaw2016Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +40
    Order online? Any overnight shipping cost is going to be cheaper than the time and gas spent driving that far.

5. OP
    OP
    Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +30
    Online sounds good but i live in India in a state Called tamilnadu not in the US

6. fa4960

fa4960Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +504
    Experience:
    5 years
    Basically you don't get a discus or two, that's a recipe for disaster. Without any other fish in it your tank can hold 6 adult discus, which is more or less the recommended minimum if you want them to thrive and stay stress free. I would recommend you look for some other fish instead. That will save you money and future trouble....

7. OP
    OP
    Rdrb

RdrbValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +30
    O great thanks a lot because I thought of getting a discus but had second thoughts cause I am totally new to it shuld try searching rainbows instead I guess then

Become a Fishlore Member