Question Which Is Better For A Planted Tank Discus Or Rainbows

Rdrb

Reaction score
Guys I have a 60 gallonplanted tank with some swortails few halfbeaks and 4 mid sized dwarf neon rainbow I was planning to get a discus or two in the mere future but I had a fear that keeping discus will be tough and also I do like rainbows so what would you suggest . I also need to get a testing kit so after many tests I am planning to buy them in the future so kindly leave your opinions thanks

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Rdrb said:
Guys I have a 60 gallonplanted tank with some swortails few halfbeaks and 4 mid sized dwarf neon rainbow I was planning to get a discus or two in the mere future but I had a fear that keeping discus will be tough and also I do like rainbows so what would you suggest . I also need to get a testing kit so after many tests I am planning to buy them in the future so kindly leave your opinions thanks
I would stick with the rainbows since the discus need 6+ to feel comfortable, but rainbows would look good.

OP
Rdrb

Rdrb

Reaction score
NC122606 said:
I would stick with the rainbows since the discus need 6+ to feel comfortable, but rainbows would look good.
Provided I get them rainbows lol I bought these rainbows 6 hours away from my city

nbalaw2016

Reaction score
Order online? Any overnight shipping cost is going to be cheaper than the time and gas spent driving that far.

OP
Rdrb

Rdrb

Reaction score
nbalaw2016 said:
Order online? Any overnight shipping cost is going to be cheaper than the time and gas spent driving that far.
Online sounds good but I live in India in a state Called tamilnadu not in the US

fa4960

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Basically you don't get a discus or two, that's a recipe for disaster. Without any other fish in it your tank can hold 6 adult discus, which is more or less the recommended minimum if you want them to thrive and stay stress free. I would recommend you look for some other fish instead. That will save you money and future trouble....

OP
Rdrb

Rdrb

Reaction score
fa4960 said:
Basically you don't get a discus or two, that's a recipe for disaster. Without any other fish in it your tank can hold 6 adult discus, which is more or less the recommended minimum if you want them to thrive and stay stress free. I would recommend you look for some other fish instead. That will save you money and future trouble....
O great thanks a lot because I thought of getting a discus but had second thoughts cause I am totally new to it shuld try searching rainbows instead I guess then

New Threads