Which gourami will work? Question

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by trailblazer295, Jan 6, 2013.

1. trailblazer295Well Known MemberMember

I'm in the process of overhauling my 35g tank, which previously housed a pair of cons. It is a mature tank which just went through a thorough cleaning. I'm not sure sure which gourami will work with my current proposed stock list. Looking at a gold, blue or powder blue gourami. Would they work with 9 cardinal tetras and 6 khuli loaches? The tank is well filtered, I'm currently running an Eheim 2213, AC70 and AC30.

Any help is appreciated.

This is how my tank is after rescaping it today.

Attached Files:

2. klogue2Valued MemberMember

If you'd like dwarf gouramis, they should be fine with your stock. You may even be able to do two, but I'll let someone else answer that as I'm unsure if that tank is large enough to handle the aggression.

Gorgeous tank! Not to get off topic, but can I ask what those white spots are? MTS?

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I think a trio of pearl gouramis would look nice int here.

4. klogue2Valued MemberMember

I was thinking the same thing, then deleted that part since s/he asked for dwarf gouramis but wasn't sure :)

5. trailblazer295Well Known MemberMember

I'm still open to full size as well, the gold is a morph of the 3 spot. What would a trio of pearls have 1m2f?

Yes they are MTS

6. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

You could do a single 3 spot. A trio of Pearls(1m2f) or 1 dwarf. If you go the dwarf route then get a regular neon dwarf, no powder blues or flames, they are more prone to genetic issues. Other gourami options are sparkling gourami, croaking gourami, Honeys, Thick lips or chocolates.

7. kellyiswickedValued MemberMember

I have a powder blue dwarf gourami in a 36 gallon. She's a wonderfully strange fish. Mine is with black ruby barbs, and I make certain that I feed the troops before giving her some food on her own side of the tank. (She's actually a male I believe). I recommend just getting one. Two are prone to fight in my experience. Honeys are around the same size and generally agreed to be less aggressive than dwarf gourami, but with your stocking you probably wouldn't have a problem either way.

8. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Shes a male. Females are silver and small. You would know for sure. I reccomend against them(blue and flame DG) because they were created through bad breeding practice and it has left them weaker to tumors, DGI, fungal,viral,bacterial and parasitical infections as well as SBD and constipation. Finding hardy stock is hard and finding hardy blue/flame stock is pretty impossible since it doesn't really exist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice