Which fry to save?

DBob100

My platy is regularly giving birth. We got a new tank for keeping some of the babies. At first we rescued them as soon as they were born. We will not do that anymore because I want to make sure we keep the strongest ones. My question is, once they're born, how many days should it be until we rescue them? Thanks.

Josie12012

DBob100 said:
My platy is regularly giving birth. We got a new tank for keeping some of the babies. At first we rescued them as soon as they were born. We will not do that anymore because I want to make sure we keep the strongest ones. My question is, once they're born, how many days should it be until we rescue them? Thanks.
Following because my platy just gave birth to some fry! I saved all 6 that I could find this go around.

babyfish

DBob100 said:
You can rescue them at any time really. Maybe you can give it like 2 weeks or so.

SanDiegoRedneck

DBob100 said:
I usually pull my live bearing fry immediately when I see babies and watch quality grow up in grow out tank. Then if there is a fish with undesired genetics never was in main tank to breed. But a platy needs to be a few months to breed usually so no rush to pull that day.

But if you want to wait a few weeks by all means do.

I also like pulling mine so I can get them on fry food, high protein and powder. Where adults food is lower protein and larger chunk

Latest threads

Top Bottom