which frog pellet is best?

1. S

STLBluesFan Valued Member Member

i have zoo med aquatic frog pellets, and i have top fins frog pellets. in my opinion, the top fin seems softer, easier to eat, the zoo med seems like it be a bit crunch lol. i have frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp, but was just wondering about the pellets?

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

3. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I use zoomed and frozen.

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I use the Top Fin brand. Only because they are literally the same as the HBH, and HBH is not available here.

5. OP
    OP
    S

and the frogs eat it easily? it seems to me like they would have hard time eating it cuz of how hard it is, but it may be softer than i think, the pellets are really small. and also when i tried putting the zoo med pellets in the little reptile dish i have in there with a baster, it just blows away, i guess thats my fault though, but the top fin stayed in

6. Akari_32

You can always pre soak them ;)

7. OP
    OP
    S

i pre soak all my pellet foods =] lol

8. Akari_32

And they're still too hard?

9. OP
    OP
    S

im not sure, ive never felt them after i soak them, ive only fed them twice, only had them for a little over 24 hours now, and they have only ate once, like 4 hours ago, i guess when they felt it was safe to come out after the betta was gone, they ate some frozen blood worms and brine shrimp

10. Akari_32

It definitely takes time for them to settle in, yes.

11. OP
    OP
    S

yeah, they have became more active in the last few hours

12. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

the zoomed soften up nicley, they puff up just a little but maintain their shape. If you want to go for the best diet then live and frozen can be fed exclusively and varying. A diet of black worms, blood worms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, young ghost shrimp would do wonders for a ADF imo.

13. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Fish Food to Our Other Pets/Amphibians section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

14. OP
    OP
    S

yeah, i bought a variety pack of frozen foods. it has bloodworms, brine shrimp, "feeding frenzy". and " emerald" something. the emerald stuff has a lot of plant matter and all that, so i fed that to my goldfish